FERO CAT Tie
FERO CAT (Column Adjustable Tie) TIE affixes exterior masonry veneer to a structural steel surface, withstanding high lateral loads. This tie is a heavy-duty system and the FERO V-Tie™ wire provides a constant connection of the veneer wall to the structural backing without any risk of veneer disengagement. This tie transfers high lateral loads through the V-Tie and AB-Clip application allowing for greater push-through and pullout capacity in wall assemblies. The AB Clip may be welded or mechanically fastened directly on to the structural backing. FERO CAT TIES transfer lateral loads, but are not designed to resist movement vertically, and this may pose challenges in some assemblies. For products that resist shear and load in cavity walls, check out our FERO Thermal Tie™ – Block Shear® Masonry Connector.
For assemblies with sheathing or other secondary component connecting to the structural backing, consider the FERO PAC Tie.
Benefits of FERO CAT Tie
- Accommodates any wall, cavity or insulation width
- Significantly reduces thermal bridging
- Easy, one-trade installation
- Easy surface-mounting to hollow structural steel columns
- Superior pull-out capacity to all other proprietary and conventional ties
- Permits up to 03 mm in-situ vertical adjustment
- Restrains components to eliminate disengagement
- Reduces movement and free play
- Reduces deformation caused by load