FERO Thermal Slotted Side Mounted Rap-Tie™
FERO THERMAL SLOTTED SIDE MOUNTED RAP (Rod Adjustable Plate) TIE affixes masonry veneer walls directly to a structural backing stud without any intervening materials (like sheathing). This tie provides a constant connection of the veneer wall to the structural backing without any risk of veneer disengagement. The single slot in the tie each allows up to 1.2 inches of vertical play, and this ensures vertical flexibility for a joint in relationship to the structural backing.The vertical functionality of FERO THERMAL SLOTTED SIDE MOUNTED RAP-TIE enables it to resist tensile and compressive lateral loads, and its ability to unify the entire wall assembly to work as one singular component. This may reduce the need for reinforcement, additional wall thickness or materials. The slot sits along the far end of the Plate, and the FERO V-Tie is inserted, providing a constant connection of the veneer wall to the structural backing without any risk of veneer disengagement.
For products that better resist shear and load in cavity walls, check out our FERO THERMAL BLOCK SHEAR CONNECTOR™.
Benefits of FERO Thermal Slotted Side Mounted Rap-Tie™
- Accommodates any wall, cavity or insulation width
- Significantly reduces thermal bridging
- Easy, one-trade installation
- Permits up to 1.2” (30 mm) in-situ vertical adjustment
- Ensures perfect horizontal alignment with mortar joints
- Maximizes connector’s resistance and mason’s productivity
- Reduces the likelihood of corrosion near the fastener/structural member intersection
- Reduces deformation caused by load minimizes moisture load
- Restrains components to eliminate disengagement
- Reduces movement and free play