FERO PAC Tie
FERO PAC (Plate Adjustable Connector) TIE affixes exterior masonry veneer to a structural backing like wood or steel studs. PAC Ties transfer specific loads, but they are not designed to resist movement vertically, and this reduces the effectiveness for the entire wall assembly to function in a combined manner. This connector transfers tensile and compressive lateral loads through the V-Tie, AB-Clip and Backer Plate application. Additionally, the Backer Plate distributes any concentrations of load over a large area, reducing the risk of damage to wood surfaces or structural backings.Using a Backer Plate, the FERO PAC Tie is well suited for wood frame construction where insulation may not be present in the assembly. It is placed directly on an approved sheathing that is connected to the structural backing.
For products that better resist shear and load in cavity walls, check out our FERO THERMAL BLOCK SHEAR CONNECTOR™.
Benefits of FERO PAC Tie
- Accommodates any wall, cavity or insulation width
- Significantly reduces thermal bridging
- Easy, one-trade installation
- Purposely engineered for easy surface-mounting over structural sheathing
- Ideal for wood frame construction where insulation is placed between studs
- Suitable for retrofit installations