FERO Thermal Slotted Stud Tie (Type II)™
FERO THERMAL SLOTTED STUD TIE (TYPE II) transfers lateral load from the tie through a plate, which transfers the load to the stud backing. As the plate is directly fastened to the stud, all load is transferred efficiently. The fasteners in this tie connect to side surfaces of the structural backing, resisting shear loads. Their position in relationship to the wall system resists direct tension and moisture loads as they transfer load directly. Surface mounted tie systems are not able to provide as strong a connection to structural backing. FERO THERMAL SLOTTED STUD TIE (TYPE II)™ provides a constant connection of the veneer wall to the structural backing without any risk of veneer disengagement. The two slots in the tie each allows up to 1 inch of vertical play, and this ensures vertical flexibility for any joint regardless of where the Stud Plate was fastened to the structural backing. These ties can also be effectively employed in multiple veneer applications including clay, brick, concrete, conventional stone and other types of mortar set veneers.
When compared to the Slotted Stud Tie (Type I), Type II provides increased adjustment, flexibility in assembly and increased strength. Type II are best utilized in steel wall assemblies where the demands of vertical movement between the veneer and the structural backing are high (i.e. high walls or multi-story structures with full-height veneers).
Benefits of FERO Thermal Slotted Stud Tie (Type II)™
- Accommodates any wall, cavity or insulation width
- Significantly reduces thermal bridging
- Easy, one-trade installation
- Accommodates and controls larger vertical differential movements
- Ideal for multi-story buildings with full height veneer
- Restrains components to eliminate disengagement
- Reduces movement and free play
- Reduces deformation caused by load
- Increased adjustment, flexibility in assembly and increased strength