FERO Thermal Tie™ – Slotted Rap-Tie® Masonry Connector
FERO Thermal Tie™ – Slotted Rap-Tie® (Rod Adjustable Plate) Masonry Connector affixes masonry veneer walls to a structural backing stud either directly, or by surface mounting to any sheathing sitting over the stud. The structural backing can be steel, wood or miscellaneous metal. This tie is designed to transfer tensile and compressive lateral loads to the stud backing. The FERO V-Tie™ is inserted into the slot and allows 2 inches of vertical play to align with the grout bed. After set-up, the V-Tie™ provides a constant connection of the veneer wall to the structural backing without any risk of veneer disengagement.
This tie transfers loads that are perpendicular to a wall but is not designed to create unified wall assembly resistance.
ALL FERO PRODUCTS include complete documentation with descriptions, technical illustrations and images. Installation requirements and methods are clearly detailed.
Benefits of FERO Thermal Tie™ – Slotted Rap-Tie® Masonry Connector
- Accommodates any wall, cavity or insulation width
- Significantly reduces thermal bridging
- Accommodates vertical differential movement within the wall system
- Permits up to 1.2” (30 mm) in-situ vertical adjustment
- Easy, one-trade installation to studs or structural sheathing
- Restrains components to prevent disengagement
- Reduces movement and free play
- Reduces deformation caused by load
- Minimizes moisture load
- Reduces the likelihood of corrosion near the fastener/structural member intersection
Safety Data Sheets
Design data is reported separately for Canada and the United States because design methods and requirements for masonry ties and their uses differ between their respective codes and standards. All FERO ties and connectors meet or exceed both sets of standards and regulations including but not limited to the following: CSA Standard A370-14 (R2018), Connectors for Masonry, ACI 530-13/ASCE 5-13/TMS 402-13 Building Code Requirements for Masonry Structures, ACI 530.1-13/ASCE 6-13/TMS 602-13 Specification for Masonry Structures, International Building Code 2018, Brick Industry Association Technical Notes 28b, 28d and 44b.