FERO Thermal Slotted Rap-Tie™
FERO THERMAL SLOTTED RAP (Rod Adjustable Plate) TIE affixes masonry veneer walls to a structural backing stud either directly, or by surface mounting to any sheathing sitting over the stud. The structural backing can be steel, wood or miscellaneous metal. This tie is designed to transfer tensile and compressive lateral loads to the stud backing.The FERO V-Tie is inserted into the slot and allows 2 inches of vertical play to align with the grout bed. After set-up, the V-Tie provides a constant connection of the veneer wall to the structural backing without any risk of veneer disengagement.
This tie transfers loads that are perpendicular to a wall but is not designed to create unified wall assembly resistance.
Benefits of FERO Thermal Slotted Rap Tie™
- Accommodates any wall, cavity or insulation width
- Significantly reduces thermal bridging
- Accommodates vertical differential movement within the wall system
- Permits up to 1.2” (30 mm) in-situ vertical adjustment
- Easy, one-trade installation to studs or structural sheathing
- Restrains components to prevent disengagement
- Reduces movement and free play
- Reduces deformation caused by load
- Minimizes moisture load
- Reduces the likelihood of corrosion near the fastener/structural member intersection